Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:23:28 -0700
From:         Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: help w/ charging/filling AC
Comments: To: Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>

And a data point for folks. R134 is on the way out in Europe. It will be banned within the next year - according to MotorAge magazine.

Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET> wrote: (snip) If your system is properly prepared with the proper seals, suction valve, dryer, compressor seals and hose the R134a will work as well as the R12.

Horse pucky! 134a is 20 percent LESS EFFICIENT than R12 Its a FACT that if you convert an R12 system over you will loose cooling ability

Unless you are willing to re engineer the system with larger condenser etc.

It's sad that simple freon has been outlawed 134a has huge environmental problems that R12 never had.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Wilder" To: Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:19 PM Subject: Re: help w/ charging/filling AC

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football