Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:03:38 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mrs. Squirrel gets nice (NOT) floors in Mellow Yellow.

Gotta differ with ya there George, The new laminate flooring products are much better than you are thinking. The surface is so hard it will dull a new carbide blade in my 10" Bosch chop saw, when doing a flooring job with the stuff.

The patterns now available are off the chart, everything from beautiful woods to tile and stone that look so real you will be blown away. It does not absorb moisture through its surface easily at all, coffee stains wipe right up days later. If you really want to keep out moisture glue the joints with exterior wood glue when you lay it down. It sweeps out super easy, tough as nails, sure you can scratch it with a rock if you try hard, but its very very durable.

It locks together in 8" sections and can be put together and taken apart quite easily.

Its also CHEAP to buy, and you can change the color or pattern in your westy every 2-3 years which is kind of cool.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Goff" <THX0001@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 9:19 AM Subject: Re: Mrs. Squirrel gets nice (NOT) floors in Mellow Yellow.