Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:29:08 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: finding switch able power
Comments: To: Kevin <vwfixer@CENTURYTEL.NET>

On the back of the 86-91 fuse panel is a section of 2 rows of male spade connectors, labeled section G.

The male spades in section G are each labeled in tiny numbers near each spade.

G9 should be available, using existing fuse S20, 10 amp, also used by the license plate lights. This would be my first preference, since blowing the fuse would have negligible effect. I would increase the size of the fuse if needed, up to 20 amp max.

G3 should be available, using existing fuse S12, 20 amp, also used for power to the rear heater blower and the rear window wipers. This is a high amp circuit already so connecting much of a load could be a problem but not very safety related per se.

G2 and G5 should also be available, using fuse S18, 10 amp, also used by the seat belt warning system and the brake warning system. I would hesitate to use the G2, G5 circuits since they are on a safety related fuse, but if need be I might do so and perhaps change the fuse to 15 or 20 amp.

You did not mention how much current you anticipate needing. If more than a max of 10 amps I would not use any of the above connections other than the first, G9, after changing the fuse.

Mark