Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Jun 2005 05:19:28 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Bleeding Questions...need a Guru
Comments: To: kevin obrien <kevindobrien@YAHOO.COM>

You shouldn't need to bleed it again. The 2.1l coolant system bleeds itself to a certain degree. If you were replacing something like a water pump or head or the radiator then you definately want to bleed the system. Even your expansion tank, it is a good idea. However after you bleed it at the radiator the system will continue to self bleed. Every morning just check the level in the expansion tank and top it off. Also be sure that the tank behind the license plate is up to the full line and that the hose is connected to the expansion tank cap. If you top off the expansion tank for a day or two the level in the expansion tank should stop going down.

Hope this helps, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com