Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:48:28 +0000
From:         Robert Rountree <syncro87@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      was : R134 conversion..,,Now water in tank

Original: Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:11:20 -0700 From: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET> Subject: was : R134 conversion..,,Now water in tank

>> Water will condense in your fuel tank and a small amount will collect under the gasoline, where it cannot evaporate. If you dump a pint of alcohol in your gas tank every so often, it will absorb the water and allow it to be burned off.

Earlier this season I asked about a problem I had with my van... when I hit a hard sharp bump my engine would stumble. I said I thought it was a fuel related thing.... Ken Lewis replied off list that he thought it was water in my fuel filter from winter storage... that sounded good to me, so on my way to Busfusion, I filled up with gas that contained 10% ethanol and added 2 shots of gas line antifreeze then kept using ethanol gas and the problem slowly reduced until I had dissolved all the water. I had just put in a new filter last year so I knew it wasn't the filter. I normally don't leave ethanol stored in my full tank over winter, I don't want it sitting in my hoses.

RR