Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:05:56 -0400
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Low Mileage Syncro Westy for $6,000?
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@gmail.com>

Yeah if you look back at my original e-mail it says:

"We contacted our list of buyers and we currently have a buyer at 6,000.00. The money is on file with us at this time. We can wire it to you at your earliest convenience."

This was just from filling out a form online, they did not even see a picture. They did have my VIN so maybe they were able to establish ownership, but it seems weird to be offered money so fast sight unseen I suppose if you lowball someone enough that the actual condition does not matter much once you get the vehicle. I wonder what the next steps would have been....

Chris

On 7/8/05, John Bange <jbange@gmail.com> wrote: > > uhhh.. who is poptop heaven? never heard of them, and ive been a vanagon > > junkie for 12 years now.. > > > > They're an outfit that specializes in reselling westys to suckers, > from what I can tell. I first saw them while stuck in traffic on I-10 > going from Los angeles to Phoenix. They're basically a fenced-in lot > next to the highway on the outskirts of civilization in Redlands, CA. > They claim to be the "largest dealer in VW campers" in the US, and say > 60% of their vehicles are bought sight unseen. Of course, their > inventory appears to be more Eurovan than Vanagon. When a company's > web site doesn't give you their physical address, doesn't list any > prices, and doesn't seem to have a section of recommendations from > satisfied customers (like, say, Go Westy does), I'm suspicious. They > probably buy 'em cheap, wash 'em up real nice, Armor-All and Turtle > Wax 'em good, and turn around and sell them for $14,000. >