Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:32:27 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Tremblant Bluesfest report
Comments: To: vanagon@egroups.com, limbolist@egroups.com,
          The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com, ev_update@yahoogroups.com
Comments: cc: gedge@magma.ca, simsil@primus.ca, lryan6@cogeco.ca,
          BusFusion@aol.com, madstan@sympatico.ca, h.brouwer@sympatico.ca,
          cathy.greg@sympatico.ca, madbernie@sympatico.ca,
          tonynalves@hotmail.com, alves_mandy@hotmail.com,
          antonio.alves@city.ottawa.on.ca, catherine.ashley@ccra-adrc.gc.ca,
          Simon.Rivers-Moore@city.ottawa.on.ca

Spent the day yesterday with my bud Andre and daughter April and her bud Mike at the _Festival International du Blues de Tremblant - Tremblant International Blues Fest_ (http://tremblant.com/bluesfestival/index.htm) (Quebec) partly sponsored by VW Canada. I just want to let you all know that if you do not attend your missing out and one huge opportunity to take advantage of VW's sponsorship enthusiasm. This event is FREE, yes Free, due to in part of VW sponsorship. Even the parking, if you drive a VW is free, and VW was handing out gadgets from the vast inventory of stuff. I got a neat tri leg stool with a VW logo and a neat CD case ! VW presence is everywhere including a VW powered chair lift to bring you from the lower village to the upper area as there were stages at both ends of the hill ! And, if you like the Blues then this is the place, no whishy washy side tracks, pure blues at every stage and in every bar, unbelievable and the surrounding setting in the Lurientien mountains is breathtaking. This a week long event and I now wish I had made plans to go there for the week. Unfortunately I've already committed to going to _West River Westies_ (http://www.limbobus.org/westies.html) on Wednesday so too bad so sad for the this year. BUT, next year, gonna go spend the week in the Tremblant Provincial park just a few KM up the road and suck in all the atmosphere slowly. Le Circuit Mt. Tremblant is also just around the corner also for you racing fans. No time to go have a look but we could hear the CART cars going round and round from the Blues venu ! Cool, way cool ! Anyways, just wanted to share my enthusiasm for this great FREE event ! Elyssa Mahoney, Jimmy Bowskill, Ricky Paquette and Nico Wayne Toussaint were some of the acts the blew me away. If you don't know them then you need to, nuff said !

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 09 ~ 12, 2005 '87 Westy, '90 Carat & Lionel Trains Member: _Vanagon List_ (http://www.vanagon.com/) , _LiMBO_ (http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/) , _IWCCC_ (http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/) & _CCVWC_ (http://www.ccvwc.ca/) Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) or http://frankcondelli.com