Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:33:14 -0400
From:         "Bostig Eng." <syncrolist@BOSTIG.COM>
Subject:      Bostig  Dyno day - Sunday July 31st!!
Comments: To: syncrolist@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com,
          Zetec Mail List <Zetec@bostig.com>

Hi all,

(to be read in monster truck announcer voice) SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Coming to Providence RI.. Bostig Dyno day... see amazing fire breathing* 40 wheel horsepower stockers! Pedal crushing SVX 3.3s! We've got it all! One day only! Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Ok.. we've been talking about trying to get some real numbers from the various combos that people have running in their vanagons. Up until now everyone has simply always quoted factory crank numbers for HP and torque, but modified intakes and exhausts to fit things into vanagons change these numbers, not to mention other details of implementation. To satisfy everyones curiosity we'd like to see what the real-world results look like. I've talked to several interested folks and they seem to be ok with July 31st (Sunday) as the Bostig Dyno Day date, so we're locking it in!

If you're interested in what kind of power and torque your 2wd or syncro van is actually putting to the wheels, and can make it to Providence, RI on the 31st let me know so we can pencil you in. There will be an HO Tiico, several zetecs, and at least one SVX there for certain, and the more folks we can get, the more useful info we'll all have!! Please keep in mind this is NOT a shootout, nor is there any competative spirit in these tests, and we intend to keep it this way! This is an effort to get as much data as possible, all on the same dyno, all on the same day with the same conditions. With any luck we'll really be able to get some good numbers on drivetrain losses as well if we have a good number of vans. So even if you have a tired 2wd boxer (not too tired as we need to rev it out to redline for testing) bring it along.

When: Sunday, July 31st - 9AM till ??

Where: Yarrowsport in Providence, RI

Who: 2wd and syncro vanagons, any engine/wheels/tires

Contact: Jim Akiba, syncrolist@bostig.com

*fire breathing not guaranteed