Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:26:50 -0600
From:         dusty edwards <dusty.edwards@MAC.COM>
Subject:      NEED HELP finding replacement carpet

i posted a while back about an electrical fire in my westy.

the estimate for the damage is in and it's about $3600 excluding the cost to have the carpet replaced due to minor burns. like i've said before, it's covered by my comprehensive insurance policy, however the cost of a carpet kit was excluded from the original estimate because it is no longer available from the factory.

i will, most-likely, be left to source a vendor for a carpet kit. and i'm asking for any help that can be provided to aid my search for the BEST carpet kit available. as close to OEM as possible is my preference, but i'm open to any options. i know that gowesty has a kit available that looks pretty close to original. ...NOT the carpet mats, but the actual carpet kit, including the pieces that cover the seat pedestals, is what i'm looking for.

thanks for your help! dusty. |___|_|_|__\ |___|__-|-__| "(o)-----(o)--"