Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:09:27 +1000
From:         hunnam <rayjen@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: Not another ETKA part  request
Comments: To: jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>

Thanks Jimt

You are right on the money. Appears thay come from a 1997 to 2000 model Passat. They are a really great looking Cover. Struck a problem though, they dont sit well on the front wheels. Those dust caps sit out too far and prevent the cover from seating correctly. Result lost a cover. Shame I really like the look of the VW emblem on the wheels.

Talking to a mate of mine who owns a wrecking yard he suggested a set of Audi covers. Gave me a set and they fit perfectly clears the caps with room to spare.

Oh well I now have a Vanagon, powered by the 2.7 ltr Subaru flat 6 engine, and sporting Audi hubcaps. Now that is a talking point.

Thanks again for your help in looking it up for me.

Ray Hunnam Penrith Australia