Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jul 2005 21:59:57 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Heli-Coil an Engine Oil Drain?
Comments: To: Barry Muller <ekab_muller@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Because of the relatively large size of the drill hole and that fact that you probably don't have access to a jig that will make a perfect right angle hole (you need a thing called a do-all, haven't seen one in years) I think you are taking a big chance on something you can't afford to make a mistake on. Have a machine shop/performance shop do it, plug the hole with gas tank leak stop (it's available at your FLAPS, comes in a long stick and you knead it to activate it) to drive down there, or have it towed.

You could make your own jig by drilling a hole through a thick piece of metal and welding that to a strap and bolting that to the block somehow, but you're still taking a big chance.

Jim