Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:03:24 EDT
From:         John Carpenter <Trvlr2001@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Packing a '90 Westy

In a message dated 7/15/2005 9:42:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bobonsharo@SBCGLOBAL.NET writes:

This seems to be a good time to mention the accident we saw a couple of weeks ago in Oregon on I5 involving a motorhome. It has stayed with me very keenly since we saw it. There was a relatively new Dutch Star class A motorhome on the other side (going north) that had been involved in an accident of some kind. On the front dash, were some VERY big, heavy dresser drawers that appeared to may have come flying forward when the accident happened. Both windshields were gone. I tried to imagine what must have happened, but it just brought home to me the fact that any time you are in a vehicle, anything or anybody not held down is like a missile flying through space, as many people have reminded us here on this site before. In over 30 years in Vanagons, we've been fortunate to have never been involved in an accident, but it could happen anytime, anywhere. I look at all the "stuff" we haul on trips and just think about all that stuff flying through the air in an accident. Scary! . Hi All, You've no doubt seen the blade of straw that is imbedded into a windshield during a hurricane. In one accident some thirty years ago, a box of Kleenex tissue flew from the back window of the car and hit the poor fellow in the back of the neck. He was as dead as if it had been an anvil. As we all know, Don't take much! This Mortal Coil. Keep things tidy... best, JC.... PS: I'd still rather die in Oregon, than Utah :o)