Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:32:57 -0700
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot Rebuilt 2.1L - opinions?

At 7/23/2005 08:20 PM, Robert Cardo wrote:

><<2. Get you a replacement engine in a timely manner if you do have a >break down (let's laugh some more).>> > >Another depends. >depends on the service writer, the service manager,and the parts manager >all collectivly working together.

When I think of "timely manner" I do not think of a VW dealer.

I took my '86 Syncro in for the head gasket & leaking fuel filler grommet recall. No problem I was told, have it done in a day. I got that sucker back 10 days later & had to turn wrenches on it to get the bolt by the oil filter right and wash the greasy hand prints off it. That was at a dealer in Lake County Illinois (I don't recall the name of the town).

I remember the last time I went to the VW dealer for a part, this was in Traverse City Michigan. The parts guy told me it would be two weeks before the truck came their way again. Two weeks! He didn't care. I went to a list member in Santa Cruz California and had the part in 2 or 3 days as I recall. It was cheaper than going with the TC dealer too (even with shipping).

When I think of "timely manner" I do not think of a VW dealer.

Rob

becida@comcast.net Western Washington State, USA