Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:24:13 -0700
From:         Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: rear seat foam

Hi Nate

I would stick with the 4" foam due to the possible problems with the distance between the seat hinges while opening the seat to access the storage below. To get a more comfortable mattress, try a layer of "egg crate" foam or better yet a layer of real latex foam. It's expensive, but will last a long long time. Be especially careful of the density of any foam you buy. Foam comes in many different densities and there is a huge difference in the way it feels and functions. The problem I had was getting a soft enough mattress, but a firm enough seat. All of the foam should be the same density. I made the mistake of getting a softer rear pad and now there is a weird transition between the 2 densities. Test the new foam by sitting and lying on it. That's my take on it anyway.

Keith O 84 Westy "Brownie" Solar Charged Camper 90 Westy Syncro (No name yet for the pastel white box)