Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:55:34 -0700
From:         Keith Ovregaard <kovregaard@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Did I meet you at WagonWorks?

Jeff

Talk to Al Fredrich at ARC Battery and he can fix you up with deep cycle batteries that fit under the front seats. Costs about $75 or so, last time I picked one up. He is a 2nd generation battery wiz, so he knows.

Yeah, 2 Westies. Got the bug, all right. Actually a bug or a Thing would be nice, too! With or without meds, it's ingrained too deep to change. I grew up in a blue 58 bug, a 62 23 window with sunroof and a 69 bus. I blame it on my dad.

So, I saw this Syncro drive by a few weeks ago and had never seen it before in this neighborhood. Then an ad came up on craigslist and I went to check it out. Well, this one is about a 8.5-9 on a scale of 1-10 and had most of the drive train replaced including a new tranny. Can't believe I was able to talk my wife into this purchase! The deal is that I would cherry it out and do some really nice upgrades, have a few nice drives/campouts and then sell it. Problem is I kind of like the Syncro, with the power steering, power everything and 4WD to keep me from getting stuck, and I have been stuck more than a few times. So, even though sh_t will hit the fan, I am leaning towards keeping the Syncro. That does mean I must sell Brownie, which as you have seen, has some unique and cool upgrades. Since you have seen it, there are new alloy 15" wheels, Mich. LTX tires, Big Bumpers with diamond plate deck option up front, Hella quad lights with relays, Bilstein HD shocks on all around, SA grill and subwoofer AMP/speaker. Really tweaked and looking good. Now to figure out what to sell it for...

Keith