Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:57:35 -0700
From:         Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: AVP Kudos
Comments: cc: avp-worldwide@sbcglobal.net

Ron mentioned: I have said before that I wish that all of my suppliers were as customer-oriented as Erin and Leonard are.

I'll second that. Before the jacked up pickup totalled Ruby the red brick, she had an AVP motor withy 22Kmi and ran like a Tony Scott Tuning motor. Installed "professionally" the crankshaft oil seal leaked copiously on startup. Leonard checks each motor for oil pressure before shipping. However, the leak at the seal is NOT an oil pressure issue but a crankcase sealing issue. We did discover that apparently there are THREE different oil seal configurations that existed in the syncro series to which Ruby belonged. The offending part was replaced and compensation made for the labor incurred. I would certainly recommend Erin and Leonard to anyone. They do install an overheat telltale on the motor and do not warranty overheated motors. But they are quite reasonable in handling the customer side, much more reasonable than many others including VAG.

The motor was eventually stolen by BW wrecking in Roseville along with the transmission and front drive unit, no compensation paid. I do not recommend dealing with BW Dismantling in Roseville CA under any circumstances. Commentary available offline on this matter.