Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:16:49 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Question RE installing late radiator into 83 diesel
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>

Jim, all of the radiators are metal in the fin area with 83+ made of black plastic on the ends. The 82 diesel radiator was also metal on the ends and had 2 threaded holes for separate high and low speed fan sensor, both holes up high on the driver's side. The type of metal in the fin area differs over the years with early radiators having what appears to be brass fins and later ones aluminum. Just get a new switch, 85 or 87 degree low speed on temp for faster fan activation at lower temps like TD and 2.1 models have.

Mark