Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:19:29 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Another silly trivia question: Bluestar
Comments: To: gruengeist@GMAIL.COM

In a message dated 7/22/05 1:28:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gruengeist@GMAIL.COM writes:

> > > I have the exact same van as this (except mine has PW and was way > cheaper) and I notice he calls it a Bluestar--is this correct > nomenclature? Is this a VW factory term or is has it been coined by > the enthusiast community? Are leather-wrapped wheels only available > on these models? > > http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/85745002.html > > Clearly confused > >

thats our very own listmember Robert Keezer's van. yes the leather wrapped wheels only came on the 89 wolfsburgs. they also all had power windows too..Robert changed his over from power to manual i believe. the color is actually "star blue metallic" LD5T. its a one year, 89 wolfsburg only color.

the '89 wolfsburgs came in the star blue, or alpine white, the alpine white being the rarer of the colors of the '89 wolfsburg. in Europe, the blue ones were called "Bluestars" and the white ones were called "Whitestars" yes this is the factory name for the '89 Wolfsburg in Europe. the european models also said "hannover edition" on the black medallions rather than "wolfsburg edition" like the US models said, otherwise they are the SAME vehicle.. same diagonally striped multicolored grey velour, same grey carpeted sofabed kickpanel, same leather wrapped steering wheel, same subwoofer in the side table panel, and same grey padded dash. if you bought your blue 89 wolfsburg in europe, it would have said "bluestar" on the sales brochure. its easier to just say "Bluestar" or "whitestar' and most vanagon enthusiasts know what your talking about.. so if you want to call it a bluestar, then go for it. . because other than being sold in america, its technically the same thing. (purists may disagree, but who cares :<)

chris <---- owns a '84 Wolfsburg/Carat/Microbus, whatever that is :<)