Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:11:36 -0700
From:         Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: effort involved in tuning a non-stock engine?
Comments: To: Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>

Damon, It is not money wasted when you get a few equipment that can help you tune your own engines. The knowledge is not difficult to come by either. The cost of a mechanic will always be higher than you think, since they are trying to make more than you think its worth. If it took one hour and they charge four, you can't proove it. So, they will do it every day. It is not rare to make twenty hours in eight or even more. Changing expensive parts are also one way to earn extra on the "mark up". So, as long as greed is involved, it is a never ending story. Sometimes you come accross a new, starting out mechanic who does not have the heart to screw you yet, that is when you get a break. Zoltan BTW how did that engine work out for you from Bob? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Damon Campbell" <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:52 PM Subject: effort involved in tuning a non-stock engine?