Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:59:10 -0700
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Packing a '90 Westy

RE: Use of Rear Table I see a number of people talking about taking out one or both tables, the rear table especially. Try this. With the rear table in the stowed position, above the cabinets, loosen the knob that holds the arm for the table and lift the table up 18" to two feet then tighten the knob, locking the table in this raised position. This gives access to the two storage areas and also a raised area to lay stuff. I have a plastic storage tub, with lid, that stays there and holds the stuff I'm always reaching for like sugar for my coffee, cups, a couple of plates, snacks, etc. When traveling the lid goes on and two bungee cords go around the closed bin and the table is lowered. BTW, I've added an internal wooden guide rod for the table leg that makes it easier to keep the table flat when raised. Now several of you are going to say (But now you can't open the door to the hanging closet".. I've switched the tables, the smaller front table in in the rear, the longer rear table is mounted up front. You have to move the legs with the table by the way. This allows the door to the hanging closet to open and clear no matter what level the rear table is locked into.