Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Jul 2005 02:01:24 -0400
From:         "A. Hurley" <ahurley@VIEWIT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Traveling with a Laptop, packing

Just saw this thread - I have a Powerbook G4 that Bluetooths to either my Nokia 6600 or my Erikson T610 using Tmobile for "dialup". It's a flat fee per month...kind of slow but enough to check email on the road. Sometimes I just keep the laptop open on the passenger seat connected and can hear new messages coming in. I also have some computer speakers plugged into the inverter so I can play my music. I now have a new Garmin handheld GPS (a present from the boy scouts I took out kayaking for a week) and I need to interface it with the laptop. I think I need a conversion cable from the serial cable to the mac.

I can use a better way to have the laptop secured.

Wirless is also good - I have three programs that pickup signals...

I also need a new battery that my inverter connects to - for some reason the previous owner installed it and the inverter in the lower rear cabinet - the one in front of the water tank. I really don't like it there, but maybe he couldn't find a small enough one to go under the drivers seat.

(the battery doesn't hold a charge after the van is off, has a bad cell)

I like the thread about packing - I am not very good at unpacking as I would be packing and unpacking every other day!

Andree

Viewit.com, Onwatersports.com Store Update: http://www.viewit.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc? June Newsletter http://onwatersports.com/KIX/Newsletters/KayakNewsletterJune05.html