Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:41:21 +1000
From:         David Yates <dyates1@BIGPOND.NET.AU>
Subject:      Re: australia westy - how to buy
Comments: To: Florian Speier <groups.florian@GMAIL.COM>

G'day Florian,

I'm in Brisbane, Australia.

Westy's are NOT abundant here, but there are enough here (or VW vehicles similar to them) to be able to get hold of them.

Spares are available, especially on the east Coast, but are much more expensive than in the US. In fact, I sometimes buy parts from the US!. Don't forget that Australia is vast and much of it is uninhabited (as our rainfall pattern is very different from that in US and Europe) and our population small. All this leads to higher prices.

By far the best site is: http://www.aussieveedubbers.com/forum/

This covers all VW's not just vans, but is a great source. Join easily and make use of it.

The best place to buy second hand vehicles (see them online) is probably http://www.tradingpost.com.au/

All the best . . as Australia is a fantastic place to travel (And the greatest to live, of course).

Dave