Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:20:32 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Black Bears vs Westy Canvas?
Comments: To: Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@sbcglobal.net>

Stan, You wouldn't have any of these mice problems if you you didn't eliminate all the cats in your immediate vicinity. BenT

On 7/29/05, Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > > It doesn't take much for a wild thing to smell food of all types. > I notice that mice eat the crank handles off my fishing reels trying to > get > the blood that I get on them when fishing with worms or catfish blood > bait. > I've had mice eat screwdriver handles to get the tiny bit of blood I get > on > them because I'm a klutz and scratch myself. > If you've opened your car door with burger drippings on your hand you > could > be signing an invitation for wild varmint intrusion. > I've seen TV reports where the bears just rip doors off the hinges to get > at > a bag of potato chips (They have name brand loyalties you know). > I'd say ............ go out and enjoy life. If a Bear tears your canvas up > then you probably needed new canvas anyway. > You'll have a story to tell the list and tell your grandchildren along > with > your photos of the pillaging. > If a Bear tears the canvass up while you're in there you'll become a more > religious person if the bear doesn't win the encounter. > > Stan Wilder > Engine Ceramics > 214-352-4931 > www.engineceramics.com <http://www.engineceramics.com> > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jeffrey Earl" <jefferrata@YAHOO.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 10:04 AM > Subject: Black Bears vs Westy Canvas? > > > > Jon wrote: > > >> This is exactly why I have a weekender and wouldn't > > want a full camper. What kind of a crazy person cooks > > in their car? sooty, dirty, smelly both good and > > bad.... > > > > > > Not sure what you're cookin' up in your Westy that is > > so smoky and greasy that it requires the excessive > > ventilation and splatter-zone offered by the al fresco > > food-preparation experience, but I'd be less worried > > about your Westy interior than that of your > > cardiovascular system. > > > > Aside from the very occasional indulgence in a slice > > of Spam fried up alongside our omelettes, all our > > other Westy cooking consists of boiling rice or > > noodles, or heating soup, which, besides being more > > healthful, also leave no residual odors of food. > > > > I dunno. Were I to choose the method of my own death, > > and given a choice between a brutal and bloody mauling > > by a bear in my van who has mistaken me for a large > > breakfast sausage, or the long and torturous > > bed-ridden decline of multiple cardiac arrests and > > strokes caused by my cholesterol-clogged arteries, I > > think I'd opt instead for the mauling, please. There's > > just something stoic and noble about going down > > swinging and screaming, in a flurry of blood and fur, > > an active participant on the great circle of life ... > > > > Besides, I'd get to spend my final moments on this > > earth in my beloved Westy! > > > > Jeffrey Earl > > 1983 diesel Westfalia "Vanasazi" > > http://www.vanthology.com/ > > > > > > > > ____________________________________________________ > > Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs >

-- BenT