Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:58:46 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Pre- pump fuel filter part #'s

Did some serious part number searching at the local FLAPS for a 1/2"x 1/2" male end plastic pre pump fuel filter for our Vanagons. Well, turns out I got close. I found a metal one(sorry, you see through freaks), from Wix with number 33299. I think I paid about $6 for itIf your local folk don't sell wix, at least you have a number to cross reference with.

Now for some better news. While sniffing around my newly acquired 87 Audi 4000CS Quattro(rusty, but will make a nice winter car to spare the Vanagon seams), and surfing the blauparts website, turns out this car also has a pre-filter for it. blau wants $14.50 for it and I think that's a little high(they also wanted $8.50 for a rear caliper brake bleeder screw and I thought that was highway robbery, especially since the part number was a 113 prefix! , until I called the local VW dealer and they wanted $14 + for that number. Didn't we used to buy the ATE rear wheel cylinders new for less than $14?) But I digress. The local Wix part number for that Audi Prefilter(not acutally listed for Audi, but the picture and dimensions in the photo were right on) is a 33278 for $8.50. He had to special order it(actually 3), but I'm going to get the metal one in for now.

The Audi pre filter is a plastic see through design, and has a mounting tab for the unit somewhere back there by the tank. The only drawback is the the male ends are offset slightly and I didn't see a problem using it on the Vanagon. Anybody else tried this? Or something similar?

Max