Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:50:33 -0700
From:         Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@VANAGONPARTS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shore Power Portable A/C
Comments: To: bueses <bueses@EARTHLINK.NET>

BM is a "leave no trace" event, so you'll have to setup your shower so that the ground doesn't become a mud hole. Most people setup a black tarp that traps the water and allows it to evaporate fairly quick. We put our shower on a pallet over a black tarp. Works well.

You can move your camp all you want. However, space gets pretty tight by Wednesday. We're lucky in that we get in on Sunday before the gate opens. We can pretty much cherry pick our camp spot.

No special significance for picking our camp spot (well... not much). We like the 9:00 radial because it makes it real easy to find our way home (if you know what I mean). We also tend to camp 2 or 3 blocks in from the outer ring. It's a little quieter but still strolling distance to the Esplanade.

Cheers,

Jeff

> I wouldn't worry too much about being too hot at Burning Man. Last year I > froze my ass off in the evening. I'm definitely bringing my woolies this > year. The last few years, it was hotter here in Sacramento than it was at > Black Rock.

Bug o rambo in Sacto on Labor Day can be oppressive-that's good to hear! > > Can your shady boy awning handle 50+ mph winds?

W/ the optional poles & the stock tie downs-yes. > > As for what to bring... other than the obvious (water, food, water, shelter, > water, sun screen, water, etc.), I would highly recommend a camp shower. > Nothing brings you back to life better than a shower after a day or two of > playadusting.

Yep, I was planning on that-any suggestions as to set up? > > Do you have plans on where to camp?

Having never been before, I'm still considering my options- Utah Group themed "Beyond The Zion Curtain" in about the 3rd or 4th row, A friend in an RV in the last row, or among the women-younger-than-my-daughter Section???? > > The VW bus camp may still have room. We don't stay there because they don't > seem to have a plan or purpose. Just random buses in a roped off area.

As an architect w/ a keen interest in developing a sense of community in my projects/forts I have built as a child/adult, I would appreciate a group that is more organized & w/ a purpose! > > If you want peace and quiet, you should stay on the outer ring.

Hmmmm-can you move sites once you have set up & find that you don't mesh w/ the local crowds? > > You're welcome to camp with us. Most likely, we'll be set up on the 9:00 > radial at the corner of Ego or perhaps Fetish. There's a slight chance > we'll move to 8:30 and Delirium.

Anything significant about those locations? grin

I'll look for youse volks.

Tom