Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:46:28 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon In Autoweek Magazine - August 1, 2005

the story goes alive but listening to the dead ;)

peace~ Joe

-----Original Message----- From: "Skarloken, Donna S." <DSkarloken@REEDSMITH.COM> Sent: Aug 4, 2005 10:22 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Vanagon In Autoweek Magazine - August 1, 2005

I have my parents' 1974 Westfalia Deluxe that we retrieved/saved at a junkyard in 1993 or so. Bright orange, original paint. The bus was at the junkyard because 4 guys (so we were told) followed the Dead all one summer, and it in fact has a Dead tour sticker on one window. I was sick with bronchitis and instead of being in bed I went to the junkyard with my dad (makes perfect sense). We saw this perfect bus sitting up in front of the yard and went to inquire; we were told we'd better buy it right then or it would be dismantled. Apparently the 4 guys finished the tour in the Bay Area, were in the East Bay when the engine died, managed to make it to a garage in Hayward but decided they didn't want to pay for repairs as they were done touring, and left it parked on the street. We've put a brand new engine in it with brand new carbs and have camped ever since!

Donna, Transporter collector