Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:13:22 -0400
From:         Jean-Pierre Le Cruguel <jlecruguel@AEI.CA>
Subject:      Order a Skylight (Montreal area), joint order?

Hi all,

I need a new skylight. The rest of the mechanism seems fine, only the skylight is old and cracked by the sun. I checked the Skylight guy. It starts at 45$ (US) +13.50$ shippping. http://www.theskylightguy.com/ for the cheapest one (B quality, single layer). FYI: the prices are: - B quality, single layer: 45$, A quality: 55$ - B quality, double layer: 65$, A quality: 75$ Huge choice of colors for the same price.

I know in Montreal, you can get one directly from RVwestfalia. I called, 115$can +tx, but he could not tell which ones (said double layer were factory only). I guess it's probably the 55$ or even the 45$ ones then ... Nice mark-up...

Anyone in the Montreal area that would like to do a grouped order to split the shipping charges? Get in touch with me!

JP

From their FAQ:

*What is the difference between single layered and double layered skylights?*

The OEM came as a double layered unit, intended for strength, flexibility and insulation. The double layer skylight consists of the outer shell, and the glued-in transparent piece. The "After Market" manufacturers have started selling single layers in order to cut costs. This skylight consists only of the outer shell. Following suit, we also make our our skylights available as single layered unit as well.

*You offer a great variety of skylights. What is the difference between an A stock and a B stock? *

Our A stock skylights meet our highest expectations in gluing, forming, trimming and drilling. We sell these most often to dealerships, other Westfalia retail vendors and our fussiest customers.

B stock (when available) are the skylights that have slight imperfections and have been marked down accordingly. The structural integrity is still excellent; the difference is an aesthetic one. There may be glue smears, or a nick out of the side, or a fluff caught between the layers. They are still covered by the warranty. And our customers have been very satisfied. Most have commented on how our B stock was better than their OEM skylight (retail value $370.00 CDN).

The main difference is a cost savings of 10 dollars.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.1/64 - Release Date: 2005-08-04