Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:21:48 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Forget the Frig in Summer
Comments: To: Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>

I don't know anything about the refer's in the Westy's, but I had an OLD Champion motorhome for a few years and that thing had an electric/propane refer with a separate freezer section up top with it's own door. When running on propane, that thing would keep halibut hard as granite on the hottest summer days. I had this motorhome in Alaska, and up around Fairbanks 95 degrees F was not uncommon in the summer, and the fridge/freezer did it's job. Dunno what brand the thing was, but it done good!!

BTW, speaking of heat, orchids grew wild on my property in Fairbanks. They were tiny things, but the ground was carpeted with them.

Wild orchids in Alaska. Who'd'athunk'it?

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver