Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Aug 2005 12:18:37 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Featured VW RoadTrip
Comments: To: "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          "Ev_Update@Yahoogroups. Com" <ev_update@yahoogroups.com>,
          Syncro@yahoogroups.com, vanagon@yahoogroups.com,
          "Vw-Camping@Yahoogroups. Com" <vw-camping@yahoogroups.com>,
          vwcc@yahoogroups.com, VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com,
          "Westfalia@yahoogroups. com" <Westfalia@yahoogroups.com>,
          syncrolist@yahoogroups.com

Volks,

I just added a new feature on the Roadhaus.com.

Featured VW Road Trips

From time to time I'll post a link to a current or past VW Road Trip travelogue.

This month I'm pleased to feature:

http://www.homeontheroam.com

Brandi and Skot began their US road trip on May 15, 2005 in a lovely restored 71 Westy.

Also these guys are looking for suggestion on how to finance their adventure.

Please send ideas to: kobiskot@homeontheroam.com

Or if you'd like to make a contribution here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/9o79y

Good Road ... Good Adventure,

Larry Chase

www.roadhaus.com www.roadhaus.com/shops.html www.roadhaus.com/tires.html

- - -

Here's a short clip.

On mid-May 2005, my girlfriend and I embarked on a journey leaving Telluride, CO to explore everything we can find around our great country. We will be camping in my 1971 VW Bus that I renovated just before we moved to Colorado. We will be documenting and sharing our journey with everyone through this web site, photos, journals, stories, video, and by just saying hi when were in your town! We hope to reach out to those who are unable to travel right now due to physical limitations or just because of daily obligations. The idea came from thinking of all the soldiers overseas that are missing home - I thought this would be a way for them to at least get a little feel of 'home' through our adventure. Hopefully, we will be able to provide everyone with a wonderful experience, sharing good times with great people all over the world! GET READY TO SEE AMERICA'S BEST!!

With so many things going on in other parts of the world its time to refocus on the positive, and remember why we are here. We will visit many of the things that first made people fall in love with this beautiful land, we will also be visiting over 30 of Americas largest cities to get a broad spectrum of what the USA is, and you can bet we will cover EVERYTHING we can find in between! We really want to find out all that America has to offer, and we want YOU to be a part! Want a souvenir or a picture of a special place? Let us know and we'll see what we can do! Know of any hidden secrets out there or places that people need to know of? Again, let us know and we'll try to get there and share it with everyone! We want this to be our trip, not just Brandi and Skot's adventure but everyone's adventure! We hope to share all the greatest things that this wonderful nation has to provide and the only way to do that is with your help!

Web site: http://www.homeontheroam.com

Blog: http://www.homeontheroam.blogspot.com/