Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:44:55 -0400
From:         Pascal Giasson <pascal.giasson@GNB.CA>
Subject:      Thanks Folks, we are home from our cross Canada trip

Eights weeks, 10,000 miles, increadible scenery and wildlife, a few new bumps and bruises on our '84 westy and we are back home in Fredericton NB. I just wanted to say thanks to all those of you (you know who you are) who have helped make our familly trip a mechanical success. Your answers to my questions over the past two years and to others on the list have helped me get our Westy as prepared for this trip as I could. Only problems were a blown exhaust gasket in British Columbia, new ignition wires in Saskatchewan due to one cylider not firing properly (I should have replaced those before the trip!), and a minor intermittent engine cutting out problem (that I now need to fix). Kind of funny that all the mechanical problems seemed to happen at the same time. BTW my completely rebuilt stock brakes (new hoses, rotors, rebuilt calipers, wheel cylinders, VW factory pads, and OEM shoes) were more than adequate for anything we faced in the Rockies and the Appalachians.

P.S. It was realy fun meeting some of you at Bus Fusion 2005.

Pascal '84 Westy Fredericton NB