Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:35:34 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fridge hacks
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>

Kim, I like your idea of getting more out of the westy fridge. Not sure about using the aluminum plate in the way you describe though. Once the plates come into direct contact with the interior of the fridge interior I think you would loose some of your insulating factor. The westy fridge cooling element is about the right size for what it puts out in the way of cold. When you see the size of the cooling pipe and the size of the fins there is a pretty good ratio to extract the cold directly into the air inside. Not sure you will be gaining much for all the effort.

I have been working on a fridge hack myself as of recent, using a small dorm style 110v .9amp electric fridge and grafting the westy "guts" into it. This should offer the ability to run both at the same time and many other options.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Brennan" <kimbrennan@MAC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:28 PM Subject: Fridge hacks