Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:42:57 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: SETTING IDLE

I would like to see any-help on this also, i did notice when you adjust idle also need to adjust the air some also, could this mess with the airflow meter air flap door?

I'm kinda boggy, when i jump gas, or could it be the switches on the trottle body?

thx, Joe

-----Original Message----- From: jake beaulieu <jbeaulie@ND.EDU> Sent: Aug 10, 2005 10:24 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: SETTING IDLE

Howdy,

Out of the blue the idle on my 82 air cooled Westy (Federal model) is acting up. I set the idle to 800-950 rpm when warm per the Bentley. Everything is great when the engine is warmed up. However, when the engine is cold it sort of bucks and coughs along at about 600 rpm. If I bump up the idle to 800-950 when cold the engine idles great, but after it has warmed up it idles at 1500. Sow what's the scoop. Within the last year I replaced both the temp II sensor and the auxillary air valve. I suppose the tempII sensor may be acting up again, but it seems unlikely.

Thanks, Jake