Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:17:00 -0400
From:         Mary Creasy <mkc1@LOCALNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Worst thing you ever did to your Vanagon?

Once our '85 Westy just quit while my wife was at work. I went to tow her home and turned the key to release the wheels. By the time I got home ( 9 miles ) there was gas leaking out from under the engine area. Upon investigating, the air cleaner was full of raw fuel, the air distributor was also full, even the crankcase was overflowing with gas diluted oil.. Here, the ECU had gone bad shorting the fuel injectors to stay open full bore. I drained the messes, refilled the crankcase, opened the air dist and injectors and left it dry for about 4 days. Put it all back together, installed a new ECU ( thanks Ken @ vanagain ) cleaned out all our belongings and had numerous fire extinguishers ready. It started fine and has been running good ever since. Talk about a clean dipstick ! Dave Creasy '78 Westy '85 Westy '93 EVMV 5 sp. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Loren Busch" <starwagen@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 12:53 AM Subject: Re: Worst thing you ever did to your Vanagon?

RE: Worst Thing.... Rolled the damn thing, over onto the right side, up onto the top, and down on the drivers side, 30+ feet down a 30 degree slope.... Did more damage pulling it out than the rollover.