Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:07:48 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Painting Poptop White and Heat Transfer

I remember reading an article in response to the question of how crows could survive in the intense desert heat. Apparently the extremely high gloss on their feathers offsets the heat absorption potential of their black color. The article explained to some extent how it's not only color but 'finish' that determines a coating's ability to reject heat.

Heat is a subject that's near and dear to the hearts of the folks around here- it's apparently going to be a bit cooler around here this week; it'll be around 101/04 instead of 108/11. Believe me you can feel the difference. It's 104 right now but the humidity is around 19% versus the normal 11%. Yesterday the humidity went over 30%- you can definitely feel that.

I had noticed that the interior of my van (Pastel White) seemed to stay cooler than my other vehicles, a good bit cooler than my silver Cadillac. It occurred to me that the large volume of air in the van might have something to do with it, but I don't know much about that works

CIA, Robert.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Sisler" <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 8:39 AM Subject: Re: Painting Poptop White and Heat Transfer