Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Aug 2005 02:16:12 -0700
From:         Van O Rama <van.o.rama@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      5th Annual Van-O-Rama. September 19th, 2005

Hi Gang,

We are making this announcement now as yours truly will be set to NO MAIL until August 24th.

We've decided to move the Van-O-Rama from the Stern Grove location to a nicer spot in South San Francisco.

The new place is called Alta Loma Park. Best way to find it is by pointing your Mapquest, or the directions program/site to the 600 block of McLellan Drive in South San Francisco.

For those familiar with the area, McLellan Drive crosses El Camino Real two blocks south of Hickey Blvd. You will want to drive west (away from the BART Station). It will be an L-shaped street. The park is at the top of the hill. The area itself is comprised mostly of recently constructed new homes from the site of the old Rod McLellan Orchid Nursery. Costco is just across the street in El Camino.

Now since this is a neighborhood park, there wil be a lot of other people using it at the same time. So parking is first come first served. There is a lot parking but spots near the BBQ and playground will be taken up first usually. There are clean bathrooms at that same area. The park has a full outdoor basket ball court and a pair of tennis courts. They are all first come first served (no pun intended). There is also a baseball diamond but use for that weekend is unknown at this time. There will plenty of lawn to stretch out on. Vehicles can may not be driven off paved areas. Park is also open to dogs on leash. Picnic and BBQ is by reservation. We will reserve one area for us.

We are limited to picnic type activities as the City of South San Francisco would not allow a vehicle related event in this park. The park and rec folks said as long as we were a bunch of friends just out for a weekend picnic, then there is nthig to worry about . Hmmm.... Anyway, it neats having all the folks getting upset when we block-off the parking lot in Stern Grove.

That's about it. We expect this is a better spot for the type of turn-out we are expecting.

Please post this in other lists that you belong in so we don't have to subscribe this email address all over the place.

Pmail BenT if you have any questions and or concerns at Syncro@gmail.com. However, he may not be able to reply to you until his return from floating around the Med. (no, not the meds. cabinet)

Van-O-Rama or Bust