Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:41:27 -0700
From:         Andrew Martin <campahvan@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      For Sale:  single swivel seat and misc VW stuff new and used

Hi all,

I'm cleaning out my garage and thought I'd offer the following to The List first. e-mail for photos and questions if interested. 16 digital photos available. Please tell me if you are using dial up internet access and will reduce photos before sending.

Westfalia optional single swiveling seat. $200.00 firm. Good condition. Color is Tan. Seat and seat back cushions are very good, clean with no tears, but with noticeable wear on Right armrest. Base is in good condition, some minor scratches and dust from storage. Steel plate behind seat was painted with brush but it doesn't look bad. No key for locking storage door, and seat belt doesn't retract by itself when pulled out (?). I purchased from another VML member 4 or 5 years ago but I have never installed or used it. I will NOT ship seat but might deliver near Seattle or Edmonds ferry at no charge.

Many of the following items are probably not worth the cost and trouble to ship individually. I'll take $50.00 for the entire lot and will ship to your contiguous US state address for no additional cost plus I will donate the balance after shipping costs to the Vanagon mailing List Fund. http://gerry.vanagon.com/info/donations.html How the heck can you beat that?

Fuel filter, canister type. New in box. Mahle # KL9 Will fit some year Vanagons but not my 85 (received wrong part from vendor)

Brake caliper rebuild kit. New in box ATE VW part # 251 698 471 Includes 2 dust covers and 2 flat o-rings Fits 85 vanagon and perhaps others. (decided to replace entire calipers)

Rocker arm covers. (2) New in bag. VW part # 021 101 471 Does not fit 1.9L or 2.1L water cooled Vanagon, maybe air cooled? (Received wrong part from vendor, twice!)

Distributor cap. New in box. Bosch #03214 VW # 027 905 207A Does not fit any year Vanagon, maybe Golf? (Received wrong part from vendor)

Coolant temp sensor. New in bag. VW part # 251 919 501 I'm pretty sure it fits 87 2.1L (sold my Syncro, boo hoo)

Coolant temp sensor (2) 1 used, 1 new with o-ring VW part # 025 906 041A I'm pretty sure they fit 91 2.1L (were "gift" from my brother when he sold his '91 Carat)

Starter bushing New in bag. VW part # 113 301 155 Fits some if not all Vanagon with standard trans, maybe autos too?

Output shaft pilot bearing New in bag stamped "Brazil HK 1512" I believe it fits 85 1.9L, maybe others or all.

Starter Used Worked when removed from 85 1.9L standard trans. (Replace as next to last resort while trouble shooting slow cranking problem. Problem was corroded + cable from battery)

Tan head rests (2) Used 1 in very good condition, 1 split on back side. Tan on both sides. (Came with 85 van when purchased, I replaced them with Tan/Brown from vendor)

Misc used plastic shift linkage bushing and metal parts. (I rebuilt my linkage at 158K when I had the fuel tank out and couldn't bear to throw away old parts)

Door handles (2) 1 drivers door, 1 passenger door. Used. Working condition but faded/worn black finish. Includes dirt, gaskets and key that seems to fit locks,.

Wiper switches (2) Used. Brown 1 is stamped "84", other 1 looks similar but has no stamp. (Came with van when purchased from PO)

Interior lights (3) Used. These are the stock courtesy light with 3 position switch. 2 are complete except bulb, 1 is missing brass contact tab and bulb. (Came with van when purchased from PO)

Misc Used Vanagon stuff Ask for photo. Black grab handle, black cup holder base only, plastic seat trim, maybe a well used wiring harness from 84? if Wes doesn't want it.

First come, first served,

Andrew

Andrew Martin

Bainbridge Island WA 98110

campahvan@earthlink.net

If you object to or are offended by any of my sales conditions, please do not reply.