Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:41:53 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Very Long...What am I,
              nuts? New 85 and Philosophy of Car ownership...very long
Comments: To: David Bohannan <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>

Don't toy with us Dave you're going to keep that Vanagon even if a great voice from heaven tells you otherwise and backs it up with a great clap of thunder and you have a lightening strike to the tree it's parked under. I've bought several 80s Vanagons and Westy that I swear were used for chicken coups and dog houses. I know for sure about the dog house Westy because I had to get the seller to chain the dogs so I could fix the 4 flats and get it out of his back yard. My neighbor has a new Lexus SUV and a new GMC Denali and she says the insurance on the two cars is about $600.00 a month, she admits her husband has some tickets. That makes any car that's got a clear title sound attractive to me.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Bohannan" <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 12:42 PM Subject: Re: Very Long...What am I, nuts? New 85 and Philosophy of Car ownership...very long

Thanks for all responses...

I am not regretting the purchase as it filled the need of more spaces to stuff things for our move from IL to FL...you wouldn't believe (or would) how much stuff fits in there...U-Haul's storage trailer was 700 bucks to rent versus (albeit smaller) 150 bucks for purchase of van and 120 bucks for tow dolly (and a new battery for Vanagon, gas, gas can, screwdriver, etc) it really fit the bill...even if I were to trash it, I am still 400 or so bucks ahead versus what the U-Haul trailer rental would have been...

I am growing closer to removing the comp/collision part of our monthly insurance on the other 2 vehicles we have...this would probably pay for the insurance on the 3rd vehicle...

Any other thoughts???

Dave