Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:11:05 -0700
From:         Shawn Wright <swright@ZUIKO.SLS.BC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Trip report

Jeff,

Nice report, glad to hear it went well. Was the white Westy TDI driver from V.I. named Bjorn? He lives about 15 minutes from me... if not, there's another one on the Island I haven't seen yet! You should come here to see lots of Westies! Yesterday I probably saw 6 of them in a block or two in Victoria, including two nearly identical 85ish metallic brown ones that were for sale! I thought I was seeing things for a minute!

btw, Crowsnest might be easier, but watch out for the Salmo-Creston further West - it is pretty steep, and can get snow any time of the year - we had snow in late August one year. Early October is a great time to visit the Rockies, still warm enough for hiking, and hardly any crowds.

Shawn Wright http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright '85 Jetta D '88 Westy 2.1L, soon to be 1.6TD 5 speed (see progress at http://members.shaw.ca/vwdiesels) '82 Diesel Westy