Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:13:29 -0500
From:         Robert Cardo <rrecardo@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: Best chance of passing emissions?
Comments: To: THX0001@AOL.COM

<< Be sure to get into the passenger seat, and start talking with the tester. It works every time here for me on the dyno emissions test. Yeah, but few of us are as charming as you. >>

A little constuctive BS goes a long way George, and as long as it gets the job done, what the hay. : )

Back when I had my 1.9 ( some 7-8 years ago ) and on it's first test I got out of the Van and walked into the waiting room.

I sat there and watched this idiot beating the snot out of the Van. Not once, not twice, not three times, but for four consecutive times he ran the Van wide open on the roller's, and had the back tire's smoking on it.

With this act I flew out of the waiting area screaming " what in the hell are you doing?"

"Uhh, hey man I can't get this thing to get enough power to get the roller's up to speed"

This idiot had the computer set to V8 Chevy van specs.

The testing stations here do not have a clue what a Vanagon is, let alone what the horse specs are.

They aren't even listed in the specification books, nor in the computer.

These guys testing you Van are minimum wage type, and don't know the difference between a Vanagon, or a Vauxhall and don't really care .

It's best to be on the ball and take the ride on the roller's with them. Don't ask, just jump in the passenger seat.

Make an eye opening statement like; " Hey, don't go beating the shit outa my Van now"

It works every time.

The last time I was there with one of my current Van's they didn't even have an adapter to fit the gas cap for the test.

"Wow man, this cap looks good"

What a trip into Disneyland.

Take a high end blast with the tank half full of HEET, get the vehicle good and hot,and slide over to the state emmissions testing station, lay a 12 pack of MIller Lite on the driver's seat.

It'll pass.