Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:31:27 -0400
From:         Jim King <terrapincampers@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      GET THIS UPGRADED PART!  RE: P/N for 86 2.1 Syncro cooling system
              part
Comments: cc: Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@vanagonparts.com>

I'm sure all the folks who have done a head job have long since changed out this chunk of junk. This rates right up there with the plastic gas line nipple coming into the engine compartment.

Jeffrey, thank you for the P/N... once I got the thing out the p/n for the "old style" flange 025121160C was molded on there.

Anyone who has a Vanagon with the old style plastic flange w/O-Ring should get one of these ASAP as I narrowly averted disaster when it failed spectacularly in my driveway, the day AFTER coming home from a trip. It's completely warped. I even think this was where the tiny but mysterious coolant leak I could never locate was coming from. The new ones are steel & use a flat gasket instead.

If all this is in the archives, and I've relatively sure it is, sorry for the re-hash... but maybe I'll save another poor slob, like myself, from being stranded.

Jim King 86 Syncro Westy (Terapn) Garrison, NY

----- Original Message ----- From: Jeffrey Schwaia <jeff@vanagonparts.com> Date: Monday, August 15, 2005 6:06 pm Subject: RE: P/N for 86 2.1 Syncro cooling system part