Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:27:01 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon mentioned on Car Talk today
Comments: To: rrecardo@WEBTV.NET

"ying and yang" thing. That sorta says it all. I always have Love Hate relationships with most of my mechanical possessions. I loved my 83 Westy until I blew an engine chasing 85mph against a headwind. I hated it when it blew that engine and I drove it 250 miles back to Dallas on 3 cylinders and adding a quart of oil every 35 miles as I traveled down service roads at 30 mph for 14 hours and about 18 quarts of oil. I loved it after I threw that first thousand dollars in repair parts at it ............ it really ran great with a new engine. I hated it every time a 72 Pinto blew past me like I had an anchor dragging in the ditch. I loved it every time I popped the top and I had arrived. I hated it when it came time to drive 250 miles back home at 62.5 mph average speed and get only about 17 mpg. So there you go................ If you got one you Gotta' Love it. If you sell it to somebody else and scatter that cash out on your kitchen table you'll love that too. Right now I'm thinking about having intercourse with my Porsche. I just love it. It needs a $600.00 clutch though so I think I'll wait on the intercourse until it's through sucking all the cash out of me.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Cardo" <rrecardo@WEBTV.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 2:03 PM Subject: Re: Vanagon mentioned on Car Talk today