Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:36:49 -0400
From:         Wil Haslup <wil@CHARMFX.COM>
Subject:      opinions on trading up?

Hi all,

A friend of mine bought a used Eurovan last year and hasn't been using his Vanagon but never actually tried to sell it yet (for a variety of personal reasons). Having said that he doesn't need it and if I made an offer I think he'd sell it to me.

He describes it as: 91 Carat (table, rear-facing seats, Wolfsburg goodies) with a Pioneer AM/FM/cassette and 6-CD player, two new tires, two in only fair shape. needs a AC recharge 245k mi with last 75k on a factory rebuilt engine.

It looks nice...no need for body or paint work. I'm concerned the engine may need an overhaul soon and I'm unsure if I want another Vanagon given gas prices....maybe I should go for a small station wagon.

So what do you think the above is worth?

I've detailed my current '80 air cooled woes but basically I have '80 Vanagon L which I put 3 CV joints in, a starter several FI components and some other parts including an eye link, bumper guards, windshield. While it runs and seems okay at the moment it needs real effort in paint and a couple significant dents fixed. While there is some heat from the heater boxes in February it isn't noticeable. The air compressor was removed long ago I'm guessing for power reasons. So it's a beater and I doubt I'd get what I have in it but it might make someone a work truck for a while.

I'm thinking I might get $1000 out of mine.

Thanks for the opinions...

--

Wil

-- http://www.charmfx.com/

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx