Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:03:01 -0700
From:         Shawn Wright <swright@ZUIKO.SLS.BC.CA>
Subject:      Re: opinion on California Import Parts  86-90 Gas tank

I just bought one of these in the spring for my '82, and picked it up to avoid shipping. Quality is ok, metal seems a bit thinner than stock. Paint is pretty thin, so I coated it with about 5 coats of rust paint before installing. It also doesn't appear to have as much baffling inside as the stock unit. Otherwise, for the price, I would say they are fine. If you really wanted to protect it, you could coat the top side with POR-15.

Shawn Wright http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright '85 Jetta D '88 Westy 2.1L, soon to be 1.6TD 5 speed (see progress at http://members.shaw.ca/vwdiesels) '82 Diesel Westy