Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:09:51 -0700
From:         "Katherine J. Maas" <kathmaas@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Newfoundland trip advice please...

If you go to LšAnse aux Meadows (and I do recommend this!), be prepared for lots of bugs. I was there in early July once and never saw so many mosquitoes and black flies in my life. The night we arrived, it was windy and we didnšt realize what was in store for us. In those days we were tenting, and in the morning when we woke up, the tent screens were covered with bugs waiting for us to emerge. Even the strongest bug repellent only lasted about 5 minutes. My younger daughter was so badly bitten we had to seek medical help. Does anyone know if the bug are still bad there this time of year?

Katherine & Vanita -- Katherine J. Maas The holes we leave for our daughters are for them to darn with the yarn of their own lives. Just as we did. Just as we are doing. ­ Isabel Huggan