Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:52:35 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Traveller in distress (near Chicago) - UPDATE TWO
Comments: To: jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>

Several years ago I attended a Pre Race campout event at a State Park near Texas Motor Speedway. Along with the thirty or so VW Campers, Ghia and Bugs there was one couple in a Euro VW Camper Conversion. They took the spot I had already registered and paid for when I left in my Westy to go get Ice and supplies. I didn't say anything to them about taking my spot, I just went back to the gate keeper and registered for another less desirable spot that didn't have a shade tree. The couple was about 40 years old and traveling with a dog of small dominion. By 7 pm everybody with Vanagons, Splitties and Bays had arrived and set tents, popped tops and in general milled around in a greeting mode. Nobody was drinking alcohol or behaving unruly. Several of us approached the EV folks and started a general VW oriented conversation. They were not the least friendly and we didn't press the situation. We just continued in our rounds meeting everyone. There were only three of us and every was dressed casual but clean and well groomed. Personally I don't care if the EV group are snooty or unfriendly because I've lived many years without a kind word from their type or their group. Would I help one of them if they had a problem? Yes. Would any of them help a Vanagon, Splittie or Bay bus owner in trouble? I seriously doubt they'd give us a second look or thought.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "jimt" <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:21 AM Subject: Re: Traveller in distress (near Chicago) - UPDATE TWO