Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:07:55 -0400
From:         "jhecht@alum.mit.edu" <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Euro Highness ...

I think a lot of EV owners aren't interested in being part of the van/bus family because their vans work okay and they don't need the mechanical supports that the lists provide. They miss out on the friendship and community as a result, and similarly don't see why people would expect them to be instant friends just because of the vehicle they drive.

But there are some EV owners who are part of the community, come to van/bus events, and are totally nice. I've met plenty!

I don't think most of the unfriendly ones are deliberately being snobs or unfriendly - they probably don't even know this community exists and it wouldn't occur to them that we'd expect them to help out or wave to us.

The ones who are part of our community started with buses or vanagons, so they know we're hear and want to be part of the family.

Just my two cents...

Joy

Original Message: ----------------- From: Zoltan zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:07:56 -0700 To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Euro Highness ...

I share the same feelings and intention what Stan has. I also have to add that between the older and newer van owners, the bread loaf, vanagon, eurovan, I sense a kind of caste system. The new ones may look down on the old ones and the old ones envious of the new. Now, this may not be accurate and applicable to all, of course. But this is some natural reaction as it is between poor and wealthy. I don't think, I am alone to have this feeling.

<snip>

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .