Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:57:56 -0600
From:         "Gary Lee, Vanagon Racks" <gary2a@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: Traveller in distress (near Chicago) - UPDATE TWO

>When was the last time you saw an EVC with custom roof >rack, Big Bumpers, etc ? >And because of the low volume of sales on the EVC it is unlikely that >an 'after market' will develop for these vehicles. >Our Vanagons and Vanagon based camper conversions (Westfalias, AW.s, >ASI's, etc.) are still unique in the market place, for all the reasons >we drive them.

I meet and talk to folks who have owned Eurovans but have gone back to the vanagon. Why? Some say the vanagon has more usable room. Some say they like the way the vanagon drives and 'feels'. I have never heard anyone say the vanagon is more reliable than the EV. That must say a lot for the intangible qualities found in the vanagon.

Other reasons; The EV was never available as a syncro in North america. The EV is based on the passat car platform. The Vanagon is a light truck.

Gary Lee http://www.telusplanet.net/public/gary2a/vw.htm