Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:03:19 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: costs of syncro tranny R&R
Comments: To: dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET

You are right but my sister does not have a Syncro. She has a stock diesel Vanagon. I have pulled the starter from these many times in far less than 15 minutes so I was being slightly generous. No lift is needed, it can be done from the engine compartment on those. They charged her 2 hours labor for what any driveway hack could do in 1/4 the time. Then they broke the hose nipple off the brake vacuum pump so she had to wait for that part to be shipped in.....

Syncro shop labor costs are in another realm. My point was that you can't use one over-priced repair shop as an excuse to trash the vehicle cost of ownership.

Mark