Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:25:38 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      FS: 1984 Vanagon GL $650 or parts in San Francisco Bay Area

Hi gang, I bought this van a few weeks ago with the intent of cutting and stretching my turbo Subaru powered van. I have since abandoned the idea as I am just plain too busy with life to be trying to build something I am not likely to use to it's full potential. The regular van body is more than enough for my needs. Anyway, here's the poop. I bought this van from the original owner. I have not transferred the van as I was only going to use it as parts. Aside from a small dent at the left front corner and on the hatch, the rest is relatively damage free. No rust through or seam rust when I last looked. I've only had the thing about a month. It's WHITE with TAN Weekender interior. That means it is not a camper but has the rear folding bench which turns into a bed. Has the rare front AC which Doka guy's and some Westy guys like to use as a retrofit. AC will need to be checked and recharged. AUTOMATIC transmission shifts fine. I don't have mileage info at this time but will later tonight. Tires are pretty worn. Manual side mirrors. I have all the service records from the previous owner going back to 1984. Even have the original window price sticker when he bought it. Radio is missing from what I can recall. I have a couple of pics from when I bought it but can take more. The downside is the PO said the van would overheat after driving for 10-15 minutes. Have not investigated it but sounds like it needs a radiator cleaning or replacement. I could not see any obvious coolant leaks. Again, please bear in mind that I have NOT driven the van before aside from the guys driveway and onto the car carrier. Battery is dead but can be jumpstarted for a short test drive. Can;t remember but the windshield may have a small star/chip. Needs a good cleaning. Price is firm. I will part out or ebay the whole thing if there are no takers by about the end of the month. Easily worth it in parts. Please pmail if you are interested in all or parts. Prefer the whole thing gone. I consider this a parts van sale so you smog if you plan to register in California. Clear title on non-op status. BenT