Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:06:03 -0400
From:         Don in North Carolina <vanagondon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: trip'n
Comments: To: Joseph Fortino <fortino1@earthlink.net>

On 8/26/05, Joseph Fortino <fortino1@earthlink.net> wrote: >SNIP< > I have VW ears that pick up sounds that only a vw person can hear or try too. its a odd sound > that is coming front my right drivers side, that might be a water pump bearing since i did remove the > belt and felt its play, when i do spin it the poor thing makes a little growl. loosen the puppy up so it > would eazy the pain, but all i ask is that its gets me threw the day, until i'm able to replace the part and > make it threw the trip. I would never push my poor ship past the limits but ask that it get me threw this trip. >

Joe,

At the very least, you should bring lots of coolant, a set of spare belts and a new water pump with you. When the pump goes out in east nowhere, it's going to be a bad thing that nobody has a replacement...

I would change it before you go, that way you can pick your time and place for the battle, instead of 2:45 in the morning - by the side of the road - in the rain...

My '88 is running hot, which is probably the radiator. I can't afford to fix it right now, so I only drive short distances (and use the heater in the summer - Yuk!). The point is, I wouldn't set out on a cross country trip right now unless I fixed it first.

-- Don in Reidsville, NC 1986 Kawasaki Concours 1988 Vanagon GL (Sylvia) "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage